threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.6L \  Need Help ASAP. Truck is at a shop!

Need Help ASAP. Truck is at a shop!

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1619
replies 14
following 6

jacob_tamblin   +1y
I was leaving the carwash today and the truck cut out while making a left turn. After that it wouldn't start back at all. Just cranks over. We got it to the shop and all fuses are good, and all connections seem good. No Fuel and No Spark. Would this be ECM or am I missing something? Please help ASAP. I'm moving to florida in 2 weeks
mymmeryloss   +1y
What truck? B2200? 2600i?
Sounds like main relay. Did u wash under the hood?
Cusser   +1y
Rare to have no fuel -and- no spark condition happen at the same time. Whether it's your B2600i or any other vehicle.

I say "Hmmmmm" ....
jacob_tamblin   +1y
Sorry. It's a 92 B2600i. Manual. 2WD. Ext. Cab. I didn't wash under the hood and it ran after I washed it. It died pulling around the building in the parkinglot of the carwash. Where/ what is the "Main Relay"? Like the one the old EF Civic/CRX's have under the dash?
91_2600i   +1y
Main relay is over by the battery, usually attached to the fuse block. Did you check those under-hood fuses?

How did you confirm no fuel?

Pull the distributor cap and check for moisture.
Check ac fan / passenger floorboard / and behind the pass kick panel (ECM) for signs of moisture. If you have a leak under the cowl, that left turn might have dumped some water to that ECM area. I think it would take a hell of a lot, but check anyway.
jacob_tamblin   +1y
All fuses (under hood and dash) were taken out, tested and the plugs were checked with a multimeter with the key off and on. Everything was good. No moisture that i saw in the cap. We pulled the main fuel line off the regulator to check for fuel with the key off and with it on, and nothing.
berryserious   +1y
Crankshaft, camshaft position sensors.. Check your maf sensor... And as above stated, your ecm... Check to see if you are getting voltage to your distributer plugs or any of the above stated sensors
crazy tarzan   +1y
hold one of the plugs against the head while you crank and see if it sparks (use pliers)? Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks (I made a left turn and goosed it, which caused the plug in my airbox access to come loose, which really messed with the truck), did you spray the front of the truck off? Check your battery cable connections, check the battery. you can pull the fuel line off where it bolts to the fuel rail to verify you have fuel at the injectors (two 10 mm bolts, silver can/disk looking thing).
jacob_tamblin   +1y
Checked the battery, the fuel (none no pressure), checked spark (none), the only things i could think that would kill fuel and spark are either dizzy, ECU, Ignition Switch, or a fuse/relay.
crazy tarzan   +1y
I vote fuse got wet under hood when you washed it. Dizzy would only cut out spark I believe, check your ecu for corrosion--there is a thread around here about it. Ingition switch seems doubtful if you are still getting lights on dash and cranking.