views 1361
replies 4
following 4

penitr8r   +1y
hi,
I have a 91 mazda b2600i
w/ 5speed standerd transmissioin
that has 2high,4high & 4low.

my engine is a 4cylinder sohc 12valve 2.6 liter(2606 to be excact).

would it be possable to bolt on your 3.0 lit. on to my transmissoin?

from my understanding the early 90's versions of the mpv had both a 2.6 lit. & a 3.0 lit.
I look forward to hearing from you
thank you.
91extcab   +1y
It has been done, chris st amand (slamsonthedawgmaster) recently bought one. And that's actually the swap I'll be doing in my 2.6 sometime in the future. About the only thing you should really need aside from a complete motor (without trans), would be ecu, and complete engine wire harness. The 2.6 is fuel injected so you already have an electric fuel pump. Might need the flywheel (unsure, but doubtful). The one Chris has, has an rx7 turboII trans bolted up to the 3.0 v6 using a b2600i belhousing iirc.
emjay   +1y
I thought that I read somewhere that the bellhousing for the 3.0 was different from the 2.6, and that you would need the bellhousing from an Astrovan IIRC. I haven't found a detailed thread on the actual swap yet so I don't know.
91extcab   +1y
From the text message reply i just got back from Chris, the one that he has is a 3.0 je v6 from a 929 (same motor as the mpv), with the 929 bell housing and a turboII tranny. Now you wouldn't necessarily need the turboII trans since the turboII trans input shaft is the same spline count and diameter as the 2600i trans, but since yours is a 4wd, you might be able to use the awd trans from an mpv if you were so inclined, and might be able to connect all your 4wd drive shafts to the awd trans. I don't know if that would actually work, but quite possible.
teflondan   +1y
Are the motor mounts in the same place?
Page 1 of 1