Mazda 2.6L \  G54B Help

G54B Help

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1181
replies 1
following 2

87b2600inbc   +1y
Hey all,
First time on a forum and of course its because I need help. I just bought a 87 B2600 and it idles high. Ive messed around with some of the screws on the carb but they dont seem to do anything. Ive read from other threads that stock carbs on this thing are unreliable but I believe mines been replaced because it looks way newer then everything else plus theres a new looking red tab. Im taking it to my shop tomorrow because it has a lot of blow by, enough so that it leaves a nice little strip of splattered oil on the ground when it starts. It seems to go away after its been running for awhile which makes me think the valves get warm and expand so a valve job is in the near future. In the mean time, Im going to take out the cat since Im assuming its super clogged from the oil and see if this helps at all.
Any suggestions on the carb? The truck has also been sitting for years, long enough so that when I drove it home the slave cylinder worked fine but after a bit of driving the rubber seal in there gave out and I woke up in the morning to a nice pool on the drive way.
This is also my first carburated vehicle so I have been considering swapping to fuel injection since all the vacuum lines scare me. Ive seen kits for about $300 cdn that can turn my G54B into a fuel injected motor, but I have also seen people flirting with the idea of swapping in a 4G64. Anyone know about this being done? Would be nice to have a more powerful engine that is also more fuel efficient.
jimbeater   +1y
start by having what you have looked at, i wouldnt worry about the cat yet. get your carb cleaned, and if a rebuild kit isnt too expensive grab one.

swaps? there are a few possibilities, some harder and more potent than others.
Page 1 of 1