Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  Frame concerns

Frame concerns

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 699
replies 5
following 4

beastbseries   +1y
I got a 88 Mazda b2200 and I'm tryi to swap a big block 454 in it with a 5 speed trans with 4.9 gears in the rear it the frame strong enough to hold all the torque thats gonna be goin threw it cuz I dynoed that drive train cuz I pulled it out of my 91 silverado ss and I did some major mods and I pullin 725 hp and 680 torque can the b2200 frame stand that much
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
i highly doubt the frame under these light weight trucks, that came factory with around 75hp, is going to with stand those kinda hp and tq numbers
winslow33   +1y
There was a guy running a 454 in his B, but i cant remember what he had running for a frame.

However, a buddy of mine has his B truck sitting on the frame of a short box reg. cab 1984 Ford F150. Was actually fairly simple to do. That should fold up to the job....
I have pictures if anyone's interested in them.
beastbseries   +1y
Yea bro let me see those pics. Cuz it's a easy set up to drop everything in but I jst wanna be sure that frame can handle it cuz when I use to have my s10 I mod it were it was a 5.4 lts with 455 hp and 430 tq and it was fine for a while taking off hard off the line but one day at the track I guess I over did it and I bent the hole frame and couldn't drive the truck no more
winslow33   +1y
The donor truck, the wheel base is 120 same as the extend cab short boxes.

He removed the Ford body mounts and welded on his own (cant remember if he used the Mazda truck ones, or custom.

But as you can see a different offset of a rim will be needed, lol

Thats all of them I have but I can try to find more later
dropped90(justin)   +1y
mtrain should know................

-Justin
Page 1 of 1