Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  g54b piston/rebuild question

g54b piston/rebuild question

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2612
replies 3
following 3

jmansb2600   +1y
so i am thinking about finding a 2.6 liter block and having it bored out to gain some displacment here in the future cause i would like to feel better about using it a little harder than i do. while the engine in my truck is okay i smokes kinda bad because of a head issue. i will have a replacement head shortly from a dodge aries and im 90% sure it will work with my trucks head guts put in it. but before it goes on i would like to deck it and have it ported and polished before it goes back on but i know any increase in compression wil cause some blow by as the engine was "rebuilt" but only a rehone and rings were done. so this boils down to the question i really wanted to ask. would there be any way at all to find 10 over or 20 over pistons for this engine anywhere at all for a tighter seal and more displacement?
amevl   +1y
for tons of G54B stuff
jmansb2600   +1y
hey thank you tons ill check that out. i have some pics of the replacement head that came with my truck. it was rebuilt supposedly with only 30k on it but its from a fwd aries g54b. would anyone know if this head will work. its got mechanical lifters which im sure i can swap out but what about the pully thing on the back of the head??? i am not sure if this will work although i know the head gasket is the same...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
87_b2600   +1y
could also try partsdinosaur.com. i know they got some stuff for our motors. hell a brand new cam shaft for 99.99. that aint bad.
Page 1 of 1