Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  2.6 lifter replacement

2.6 lifter replacement

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2907
replies 3
following 2

amevl   +1y
any tips on replacing lifters on my 87 b2600 4wd.I have got tons of top end noise but never had the motor opened up since i bought her in 1987.I do have a webercarb,pacesetter header and desmogged.Truck runs fine and uses no oil just tons of noise up top
amevl   +1y
decided to go ahead and tackle this since the noise was getting kinda bad.once the valve cover is removed you will see 10 bolts on "towers" remove them but do not take them out the holes in the rocker assembly you find 2 more bolts at the very back which are lower remove them as well.gently pry and remove the whole rocker assembly but be careful as the lifters may fall out since nothing is holding them in. I found another place closer to me in Ohio that deals with the G54B so I gave them a call,very helpful and ordered new lifters and jet valve elminator kit. I spoke to Randy real nice guy.Hopefully this will cure my noisy topend
amevl   +1y
lifters and jet valve eliminator showed up today easy job reinstalling took about 45 minutes to button her up ,fired it up and no noise yeeha!! Also disassembled and thoroughly cleaned the rocker assembly
87_b2600   +1y
Hey on that header did you have to have it bent or anything to get over the front diff? I just ordered mine yesterday. And did the header give it a lil more power or anything?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 1