threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  b2600i starts/idles fine, give it gas and it dies thoughts??

b2600i starts/idles fine, give it gas and it dies thoughts??

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1716
replies 6
following 3

watster9   +1y
ok so Im about to purchase my second b2600i but this one is 2wd so im definitely going to build a mini and I will keep you guys updated on my progress.

the truck has 166xxx miles and it was hit in the front fender so the owner (female) Parked it for 4 months. She said it ran great when she parked it but now when she tries to drive it, the truck dies when she gives it gas.

My thoughts are,

Bad gas?

in line fuel filter?

Plugs?

Fuel pump filter?

Please let me know what you think, ive owned my 4x4 since i was 16 and the only thing ive ever had wrong with it is the clutch and various cooling components.

ALSO FOR THOSE INTERESTED THERES A 4X4 ON EBAY NOW FOR 800 BUY IT NOW.
watster9   +1y
OK first off, IM SORRY. i just saw all the other posts and I've been posting retarded stuff since ive joined... It will stop i promise, Basically all I am really wondering is if I should buy it?
91extcab   +1y
You could try cleaning the mass air flow sensor and see if that helps... Otherwise I'd do plugs cap rotor, maybe change the fuel filter and see what happens
dat dood   +1y
Sounds typical of a clogged fuel filter on a fuel injected truck. There's enough fuel flow to support idle but once you apply throttle it goes instantly lean. I'd start there, but with fresh gas. Very cheap to do. And necessary if it has been sitting, anyway.
watster9   +1y
thanks guys, ill post pics when i pick it up. Probably this weekend.
91extcab   +1y
god i wish there were more guys with 2600i's close to me... when i was in washington the closest guy with a 2600i was rufus with his 4x4...

where you located watster?
watster9   +1y
Im in Atlanta and it really blows, its impossible to find a Btruck with a good engine. before i bought my first B the original owner had already done the head twice. i got it a 213 and now its at 300 but its just sitting there with the head off. i figured id snatch this deal up first. but now that I set RSS feeds for craigslists around me there are an abundance of body parts like 4x4 sheet metal for reg and ext cabs. i just wish i had like 5 grand and a week to drive around to other states and get all the trucks lol
Page 1 of 1