Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  2.6 fuel pump location?

2.6 fuel pump location?

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1076
replies 5
following 5

crazyminis   +1y
I haden't been able to do a lot of research of where it is. I was on my way to the airport for emergency leave and BAM right in the middle of traffic my truck killed over in the middle of the highway, it will crank and crank but doesnt get any gas. so im assuming it has to be the fuel pump or a blown fuze. I would have checked but i had to get it towed right away and catch my flight. So does anyone know if you have to take your bed off(like most trucks) to get to the fuel pump?
91extcab   +1y
pump is in tank...either drop the tank or you can cheat and raise just tyre passenger side of the bed by removing the passenger side bolts and loosening the driver side almost all the way then jack the bed up to get to the top of the tank... Could be an ignition or fuel injection fuse and those are in the power distribution blick next to the battery
slamsonthedawgmaster   +1y
Could also have a bad fuel pump relay or distributor, they both control the fuel pump as well..
mazdaman82   +1y
Check all that..my truck did the same and it ended up being the fuel system mean relay..
watster9   +1y
what happened to me was i was getting off the interstate when my truck got just a little hot. when i pulled over and tried to restart it she wouldnt turn so i got it towed. I did everything i could (wires plugs fuel pump and switch etc) but i never looked in the fuse box. it turned out that my fuel injection fuses were totally melted. so you might wanna check there first...
crazyminis   +1y
i checked it all, thought for sure it was my fuel pump. yanked my bed off put the new fuel pump in, crank and no start. start looking under the hood and my ignition wire was melted to my headers, freaken bummer and a chucked a 160 bucks into it i didnt need too. Anyways, Thanks for the help guys. Its finally on the road.
Page 1 of 1