threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  Doing Head gasket job, almost there, PLEASE HELP!

Doing Head gasket job, almost there, PLEASE HELP!

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 939
replies 2
following 2

watster9   +1y
Alright, so i have all the bolts off the intake manifold and its ready to come out but there's a support bracket on the backside of the intake manifold that goes to the bottom of the engine. to get the intake off I can take out the studs BUT I wanna just cut off that bracket, do I need it?

ALSO I cannot find the timing mark on the drive shaft pulley. its driving me crazy. when i find the mark does it line up to the first "6" mark the "t" mark or the 2nd '6" mark? it looks like this 6 T 6
''''''''''' ''''''''''''

any help would be great, also my engine is really dirty and rusty as it has sat for 4 3 years so that might be why i cant find the mark.

thanks
watster9   +1y
hey sorry i figured it out, i borrowed my friends compressor and made it a lot easier. I also did look all over in the tech section before i posted this so I must have missed something. Please forgive me Im new here but I have big plans for my 4x4. the engine has 273xxx but i just pulled the head and its not warped at all, no visible cracks either. I figured it would be pretty bad because my girlfriend didn't pull over when it was overheating...

thanks agian
Page 1 of 1