Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  engine compatability???

engine compatability???

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1122
replies 4
following 4

kajillin   +1y
Hello, i own an old 4wd 92 b2600i, the engine is hooped (pretty sure the block cracked) and i just cant bring myself to the idea of scrapping it. Its a nice truck, since i bought it i have had quite an adventure and would like that adventure to continue for many years to come.

I have been thinking of rebuilding the motor, but i just dont have the time or the required skill to finish the job in a time period that can fit my schedule. So i want to just buy an engine with a decent amount of kms on it and drive.

My question is concerning compatibility, i know that an mpv of around the same year will fit in it. I have also been told that an older mitsubishi motor will fit in it with a little hassle. And i read somewhere that i can slide an engine from an old ranger into it as well.

Im wondering if some of this is myth and legend, or if my options are more numerous than i am expecting. Maybe someone can point me in the direction of some good reading material to help me out. Or if the wonderful people of this site can give a fellow mazda owner some good advice.

Your help is much appreciated, as i am in a bind, with a new contract starting in a few towns over in a few days. i would like to have my truck up in the next five days. ( god willing)
91extcab   +1y
well you've got a mazda b2600i... the engine out of any b2600i (2wd and 4wd) will work, so long as its an actual 2.6 fuel injected. the older mistubishi 2.6 has a different setup than the mazda 2.6 (even tho both were used in the trucks, they stopped using the carb'd mitsu version when they changed to the mazda 2.6 FI version). older rangers... not really an easy swap (and why would you want one of the junk ranger motors anyways...?) if you can find an mpv with the 2.6 fuel injected motor its the exact same thing and will swap out easy or you might be able to easily enough swap an mpv v6 into your truck... it all kind of depends on you, and how you want to go with it...
dropped90(justin)   +1y
If you are on a 5 day time frame then you need to find an engine identical to yours and just swap them out. End of story.

-Justin
hocbj23   +1y
Some Dodge D50s had the 2600i motor as did Mitsu Conquest Tsis, Mitsu Starion and some of the Dodge minivans and K wagons.,the ones with FI.bj
kajillin   +1y
Thhanks guys, looking for a v6 mpv but cant find any with good milage on them. So just going to buy a 4 cyl for it from a jdm importer. Input is very much appreciated!!!!!
Page 1 of 1