threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.6L \  AHHH truck wont strart!! HELP!!!

AHHH truck wont strart!! HELP!!!

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1515
replies 13
following 9

midnite   +1y
Well decided to start a wire tuck. And My truck was running before hand. all i did was unravel the wire loom to see where i could hide all the wires. Plugged them into make sure that it starts. AND IT WAS A NO GO. I still have spark and compression. Just no fuel. Is there a relay? that could go bad or a fuse for the fuel pump that wouldve blown?
paparoach1983   +1y
i wouldnt think so i think there may be a bad wire or you didnt plug something in right. not trying to be harsh but i had that same issue with a different truck and it was just one plug not plugged in,
midnite   +1y
See thats what i thought at first too!! but i checked, rechecked, and checked again and EVERYTHING was plugged in (well at least what was supposed to be plugged in). the REALLY wonky thing that I noticed is that while trying to start it and it was cranking, at random my RPM gauge would just randomly go from zero to like 3 grand and back down. Its cranking but not firing. its confusing me.

And on a side not, on the vacuum canister the nipple on the bottom. Is there supposed to be a hose that goes to that?
emjay   +1y
Are you EFI or carby? EFI uses a relay for the fuel pump. Unfortunately I don't know where it's mounted but I THINK it's under the hood on the pass side fender.
91extcab   +1y
that charcoal canister that has a nipple on the bottom... mine didnt have anything going to it... i ended up removing the canister and rerouting the solenoids and hoses that go to it to help clean up my fenders... which side of the wire loom did you start with... driver or passenger...?
midnite   +1y
IM EFI. yeah im not quite sure where the relay is. or if its in the cab or the engine bay.
I started with the passengers side wire loom. and holy cow there is A LOT of useless wiring going around its RIDIC. Yeah i have the loom completely un-raveled and am in the process of seperating and re-wrapping and taping all them seperately to help hide everything. And all the wires are good. and the condition of them are reasonably new looking and quite clean! It just confusing on what ACTUALLY is causing the problem.
toddluck   +1y
did you bolt the harness ground back up the one buy the headlight pass side
m3j   +1y
Check the fuses in side the truck. There is a 15amp. fuse that is marked engine see if maybe that may have blown.
midnite   +1y
so checked everything everything is good. uhm now that i think about it!! should i be able to hear my fuel pump PRIME? like some sort of noise i turn the key to on and there is silence for about 5 seconds and then a relay clicking. so does that mean its the fuel pump?

@toddluck do you mean the main relay block in side the engine back to the ground? yeah i have that hooked that grounded out well I THINK its the ground that its connected to. because the i still have EVERYTHING that has to do with those relays.

@M3J i did not know there was an engine fuse inside the truck. if its that im gonna feel like a twit

@91extcab where did you relocate the solenoids and vacuum lines too? im debating relocating them behind the engine bay where the arms and motor for the windshield wipers area. Did you do a complete tuck. or did you just tidy up all the wires?
midnite   +1y
bump