Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  Losing antifreeze

Losing antifreeze

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1196
replies 5
following 6

huskerdually   +1y
Well my Son's 92 b2600i is losing antifreeze, no leaks, but smells like it is burning it. Anyway to test anything before I pull the head? I am going to assume it is a head gasket, with my luck right now probably a cracked head. It never has gotten hot, so maybe everything will be okay.
toddluck   +1y
It could be an intake manigold gasket....if it hasnt gotten hot id look into that b4 pulling the head
emjay   +1y
There is also a little hose that is under the throttle body that connects to the intake manifold. It might be possible that there is a leak somewhere in here where it is getting sucked into the combustion chambers? Pull the spark plugs and see if there is a white powdery residue on the electrodes.
slammedb26i   +1y
Check da block under the intake manifold. Check ur freeze plugs. Mine had a slow leak then gradually rotted out and its a bitch to take out and put in.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Best option I can offer would be to pressure test the entire cooling system. Basically you remove the radiator cap, install the pressure tester, pump up the system to 14 pounds pressure and start looking for leaks. Do this with the engine cold as most leaks are typically worse then. I would recommend pulling the spark plugs and listen carefully for any leaks into the cylinders. Check your oil level before you start, then check it after the system has been pressurized for 8-10 hours. Another option would be to add a florescent dye to the antifreeze and use a black light to help find the source of the leak.
87_b2600   +1y
^^^ agree with linn on this one. pretty much what i was gunna say
Page 1 of 1