Questions about Rebuilding Mikuni Solex on B2600

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1911
replies 6
following 2

artimus   +1y
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post here on mazdabscene.com, after reading a bit here:

I wanted to get some more information on rebuilding this carb.

To give some background, I have rebuilt alot of chevy's, older large V8 engines with either Eddelbrock or Holley so I have some experience with carbs but not this one. ive never rebuilt a "feedback" carb before.

I was wondering if someone would have some exploded views on the unit it would be very helpful as I have a chiltons manual and (of course) the page for this carb out of 4 on the truck is the page with the least information ;-)

I have considered buying a Webber for this truck, I would like to top pass emissions though and the cost on one of these from what ive seen is more than I payed for the truck: $500.

If you have information on this truck/carb please help!

Thanks,

Artimus
artimus   +1y
I have now managed to rebuild the carb ok. It runs much better, no stutter in acceleration and I will see if it starts cold tomorrow.

Its my believe that I am missing some pieces though. The last owner of the truck had put a manual choke on it that ive removed, and the corb blowups that came with the rebuild kit show that there should be a small gear that goes along the toothed arm that connects to the Primary valve assembly that doesn't exist.

Additionally Im not able to figure out what should be controlling the choke butterfly at the top of the carb, none of the little actuators connect to this and the vacuum diaphragm plunger that goes past it doesn't look to do anything???

I am sure that this could just be my lack of understanding of this unit, please prove me wrong, any information would be very useful.

In specific it would be great to get a good shot of the throttle cable side of this assembly with the factory shield removed.

I have to say: I love this little truck! I know there is some aversion to the non-FI version which I have, but other than missing information on my part this has been a great little truck with close to 190k on it and still moving along. There was snow today, fresh on the ground and it just goes through it like its not even there.

-Artimus
91b2200(cody)   +1y
if i could help ya out i would. but i've never had a problem with the stock carbs on these trucks...

my current truck im just swapping it out with a 32/36 Weber.
artimus   +1y
Thank you for the reply Cody!

I understand this carb more as I gather various facts about it. Once I really get a good feel for this one specifically, Im considering building out a FAQ on it with pics as there are numerous posts on this forum and others that appear indicative of a general lack of good information on it.

A question for you: would you be willing to ship me your old carb? I may be able to use some of the choke bits and it would help in building out the FAQ/Guide.

I live near Seattle btw
91b2200(cody)   +1y
i would.. but im keeping everything i remove just incase emmisions come here or we move.
artimus   +1y
Cody,

That makes sense, thanks for posting a reply though! I hope that swap goes well
Page 1 of 1