Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.6L \  i have slight prob need help

i have slight prob need help

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1545
replies 15
following 5

91 b2600i   +1y
ok i have a 91 b2600i ithere are three hose/lines on the passenger side two for sure come from gas tank i have another coming from that area under the hood i was wandering if someone can tell me what its for or pics to where it goes. thanks i really need the help
beatmymini   +1y
what hoses are you talking about? let me know which ones you mean and i can go take a look at my truck and see if i can figure it out.
mazdaman82   +1y
there are three... one is gas in one is gas back to the tank and one is tank psi charcoal canster vac line...it gos to the canster and theres a vac line on the canster too....right? thats what i had on my 2600i befor i took them off... is that what you are asking ...three line is the same clip going under the truck to the back
91 b2600i   +1y
ok cuz i got rid of the canister and i wanted to make sure i wasnt messin anything up.ok thats one thing cleared. up now i have another prob. on my starter can some body help me which wires go to it. i took the motor out and its been awhile since ive worked on it so i havent seen what its supposed to look like in awhile.lol or just a pic of your starter and part of the wires the run to it would be help enough.
sincitylocal   +1y
You better cap the open line, as fuel vapors will vent from the tank.
91 b2600i   +1y
[quote="SinCityLocal"]You better cap the open line, as fuel vapors will vent from the tank.[/q
uote]
oh i plan on it when i next work on it. but does anybody have a pic of the wires to the starter?
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
the wires for the starter should be on the same harness as the wires for the alt.... the wires on the very end. ones a ground. ones a power.... ground goes on one of the bolts that holds the starter..... power goes to the stud on the starter. can't remember but it seems like there was a third wire that plugged into something on the starter too....
91 b2600i   +1y
im still a lil lost so the ground bolts to the starter? or the bolt that holds the starter on the trans?
mazdaman82   +1y
ya the stater wire is black also but it has a big rubber cap on it( or should mine fell off long time ago) that go's to the starter stud bolt(copper i beleave) there is also a small wire that needs to go to the starter silanoid(bad spelling) it will not start with out this wire, and yes there is a ground wire that is place on the bolt of the motor mount,... and I do thank they come from the same wireing harness as the alt , but the alt wires split off befor they get to the starter....if you still need pics I will get some for you, I got a 2600i
91 b2600i   +1y
sweet than ks for the hlep. and im glad im not alone owning a b26.lol gotta love this truck. i might have to take you up on the pic. ima try what you said and let the battery charge and try it.