Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  Cleaning up engine bay

Cleaning up engine bay

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1213
replies 7
following 6

frogg   +1y
I have a B2600i, and I'm in the process of removing the inner fenders. What all might i be able to remove under the hood. I live in Kansas and we don't have to get emission inspections. Can I remove things such as the return gas canister? Little help please.
Thanks.
ricksb2200   +1y
um probably not just clean it up and weld in some tubs in font
bodied b2600zx (josh)   +1y
No you have to leave the charcoal canister. . jus relocate it. .
bodied b2600zx (josh)   +1y
And for the power steering resovoir. . I jus altered the stock mount a lil so I could mount it on the core support and ran new hoses. . worked fine

-Josh
mazdaman82   +1y
dude not to a dick but you guys are nuts.... i got reed of all that stuff and my motor is runing fine.....canister,sensers, vac lines ,all kinds of things all i did was remove some thing and see if the truck will still run with out it.... if it runs it stayed off if not it was put back..... theres a lot it can run with out.
and its got power still and it starts fine and runs good for all of you out there who says its not able to do that
89mazdawg(daniel)   +1y

yeah, but if you do all of that without a weber carb on your engine, then its gonna run really rich, which probably isn't so good....and also, holy thread revival
91 b2600i   +1y
i got rid of all my stuff and it ran fine. minus the rings being shot.lol but just putting the little things together. rad hoses, rad, fan, tranny harness, fluids not much. but i also got rid of all my egr on my 240sx and it runs fine.
mazdaman82   +1y
right by the way 2600i are efi they dont get the weber treatment, and no its not running rich its running just fine. with some twecking you make it work .... its called fine tuneing and adjusting things to make it spray less gas or more gas or what ever it needs
Page 1 of 1