Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  won't crank

won't crank

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1765
replies 9
following 7

dustdawg   +1y
trying to get my truck to crank replaced the wires and distributer cap and button new ignition coil.I pulled a spark plug out and turned it over and It didn't spark. truck used to run when I parked it and the following weekend I tried to crank it and it wouldnt start.Anyone have any suggestions?
toddluck   +1y
does it turn over at all?
dustdawg   +1y
yea
chinkychris   +1y
Did this just happen all of the sudden?
Maybe control module or pickup coil in the distributer?
Maybe a faulty main relay?
droppedmydawg   +1y
First off check all your fuses. I say all the fuses because the truck has been through a few owners probably and you would be surprised at what the factories wire in the same circuits. If all your fuses check out then put a volt meter on the larger wire on the coil. It should give you the same number within a few hundredths of a volt as the battery gives when checked. I noted that you replaced a few components already, however, I have come across parts that are bad out of the box. If you could get me the coil brand and year of your truck then I can tell you what the ohm specs are on your coil to test it as well. If you still come up blank then let me know and we can dig a little deeper. -ED
91extcab   +1y
i had a problem like this on mine not too long ago... turned out to be a ignition relay fuse that wasnt listed in any of the repair manuals, and i found it under misc. fuses and relays on the partsamerica.com website. located next to the battery on my b2600i.

leland
bodied b2600zx (josh)   +1y
I think you are talkin bout the main relay. . .

But ya. . I had this problem and I replaced the WHOLE ignition system and the last thing I checked was the main relay. . I even had the computer rebuilt. . .

Did you replace these parts before or after the problem arose? ?

-Josh
91extcab   +1y
i went thru everything you just said b4 i found that "multi use ignition relay fuse" or whatever the hell they called it. i replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, dizzy, coil, rf interferance reciever, the ICM, and had the computer rebuilt. all b4 i found that relay....
chinkychris   +1y
I had a question for you guys, I see everyone talking about the main relay....If this goes out would this cause the fuel pump not to run also!?
layinsparxx   +1y
Yeah that would kill the fuel Pump, right now im having some what of same problem, i have the FI b2200 and i cant seem to get anything out of a coil.

i have ignition power to coil and i follow this orange wire into truck and lose it but its only dead wire i can find right off the coil. GRRRRR any ideas?
Page 1 of 1