Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  2.6 5spd 2wd tranny ?'s

2.6 5spd 2wd tranny ?'s

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 693
replies 2
following 2

all22s   +1y
i got my 92 ext cab 2600i. i pulled the tranny out and noticed the input shaft has play in it (it moves around about 1/16th of an inch to 1/8" all around) my question is: is the input shaft supposed to be solid with no play, or is it supposed to have a little bit of play in it? a friend says my input shaft bearing is shot and thats why the play is there. so now i have to replace the clutch, and input shaft bearing. wooo hooo!

jeremy
chinkychris   +1y
it can have a little play...that you say it has should be fine...Just had mine rebuilt not too long ago..mine has the same amount as yours.
all22s   +1y
yeah well i pulled the tranny out of the truck today and then pulled the clutch off. once the clutch came off i noticed ball bearings rolling around: shot pilot bushing! so i bought a new one as well as a new clutch release bearing. im gonna pressurewash the tranny tomorrow and reinstall it on friday. hopefully i'll be able to get it together by the weekend.. aint driven my baby in 2-3 weeks now... im kinda getting withdrawls....lmao
Page 1 of 1