Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  blowing fuses like crazy

blowing fuses like crazy

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 709
replies 6
following 3

kimballs   +1y
I just put on a new front end not to long ago(mazda 2200 93) the running and blinker lights haven't worked for sometime now. and I've also installed a tachometer. I'm blowing the dashboard headlights like crazy which means no tail or corner lights. got pulled over tonight for it luckily the officer was nice enough to let me go with a warning besides the registration ticket(but ow well). Tomorrow Im going to wake up and start by unplugging the new corner lights to see if that stops my fuse from blowing, if that doesn't work then I'll remove the tachometer. if THAT doesn't work ill dig around for any open wires that may be open and touching bare metal. does anyone have any suggestions to what this may be or easier methods of diagnosing what could be the problem.

As always all help is appreciated.
Cusser   +1y
Yes, your running lights and instrument panel lights are from the same circuit. I'd disconnect the illumination wire for the tach first, see if that helps.

The tach illumination should draw from the little dimmer wheel switch after the rheostat.

This absolutely sounds like something to do with your new light wiring, and you did new corner lights and the tach lights, so those are the things to disconnect one-at a time. Should be straightforward.
kimballs   +1y
so I unplug my driver side running light, and turned my truck and then dashboard lights on. the fuse didn't blow. And I remember when I installed the new lights(and front end). That my driver side corner light blew immediately, then after a few seconds of running the passenger side did. I'm assuming that this is the fault of a bad ground, and or a short circuit.

any thoughts anyone?
Cusser   +1y

I actually do not understand your post. Did the driver corner light bulb burn out, or did a fuse? And same question for the passenger side a few seconds later.

A fuse will burn if there's a short circuit of hot to ground, that's its job.

If you have a bad ground, then the circuit is simply open, you need the ground to close the circuit.
kimballs   +1y
Alright It's no secret that I'm no electric genius lmfao. When I first installed my new lights, the driver side corner light blew and after a few seconds of running my passenger side blew. And then that night I turn my lights on and I here a pop(and there goes my fuse). And it blows immediately if I put a new one in. So I know that it has something to do with my corner lights. I tried replacing the bulbs but they blow after a few seconds of being on then the fuse blows.
Cusser   +1y
Do the bulbs still burn out if the lights are turned on but the engine remains off?

What's the voltage across the battery terminals while the engine is running like 2000 rpm?
thafox   +1y
Something similar happened to me turned out that the wire for the horn grounded out causing a wire behind the fuse box to melt the plastic an fuse to wire next to it might want to pull fuse box out an look at wires
Page 1 of 1