Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  vacuum leak

vacuum leak

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1042
replies 2
following 3

kimballs   +1y
I have a vacuum leak on my Mazda b2200 93 2.2l. I have no idea on how to find it, I did some research online and came to the conclusion that it was the egr valve that was stuck so I cleaned it with carb cleaner. nothing happened, it still runs like turd. I want to delete the egr and all emissions with it. Ive seen the forums on here that have good emissions removal info. but the tubes that lead from the exh manifold that go to the reed valves idk how to clog them up. should I buy a header? and if so should I remove the o2 sensor or keep it? pics and details would be much appreciated.

all help is really appreciated guys thanks! sorry for the over load on my first post.
axel breaker earl   +1y
No need to buy a header if you don't want to, but it is nice to have it. On the two lower tubes, just build a blank-off plate out of a 1/16" thick piece of metal and bolt it to the opening once you remove the two pipes. The third pipe that goes to the upper part of the exhaust manifold, can be removed and a certain size lugnuts can be installed to block the four passages there. I'm not sure of the size, but you can actually remove the threaded part from the manifold and take it to a auto parts store and match it up.

Once you remove the factory carb, the O2 sensor is no longer needed.......you can actually completely remove the ECU also......all of it was for the factory carb only.
Cusser   +1y
I used 14mm x 1.5mm wheel lugs from O'Reillys ($4.99 for four) to plug the pair tube outlets coming out the upper manifold heat shield.
thread post photo

I had photos of all this, but the post was apparently lost in the crash at the old site of Mazdatrucking.com.

This may help some
Page 1 of 1