Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  Crappy mpg

Crappy mpg

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 857
replies 4
following 3

julian   +1y
I've been daily driving my Mazda and I've noticed that my mpg is crap! The truck its self runs great! It's all stock under the hood. Sometimes when I drive it I push it hard but not too often. I'm getting about 120 miles for the tank. Will switching to a Weber help? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!!
axel breaker earl   +1y
The Weber might help.......especially if the stock carb is fowled up, or the vacuum hoses have been pulled off and plugged up or they aren't going to the correct ports/plugs.

If the engine is worn out, it could use more gas also. How is the power? Does it still push the truck around good, or does it kinda run out of power climbing hills and such?

Yeah, you should be getting better than 120 per tank full. What truck do you have? Regular cab? Cab Plus? Long bed? What I'm getting at is there are several different tank sizes......depending on the style of truck......Cab Plus trucks have a pretty good "notch" taken out of them because of the tank extending under the cab area.
julian   +1y
I've got a 1989 b2200 standard cab shortbed. The truck holds power perfectly fine on hills and stuff like that. It has a carb from a b2000 but I was told they are exactly the same. My stock carb had a choke issue so I swapped out the carb with my uncles from the b2000. It runs perfect with plenty power. I just feel like the 10 mpg doesn't seem right. Thank you!!

Also, the truck has only 95,000 miles on it. It's been sitting for a while but now that I'm 16 it's my daily driver and will be for a few years at least.
Cusser   +1y

Are you stating that you are adding like 10 or 12 gallons when you fill up?

Or are you just going by odometer/trip odometer from fill up to when the gauge reads empty? Because the fuel senders in the tanks on these go bad every two decades.
julian   +1y
Oh is that right? I'm filling up when it reads empty and it's about 10-12 gallons to fill
Page 1 of 1