threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  Wire and connector found during rebuild.

Wire and connector found during rebuild.

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 804
replies 5
following 3

hilltoppers_se5   +1y
When I started putting my daughter's 87 B2200 2.2L engine back together after a rebuild, I found an unmarked wire. I do not remember taking this wire off, but it looks as if it was broken. It could have been my friend helping me pull the engine and he just forgot to tell me. Anyway, I have attached a picture of this wire. If anyone can help me with this wire's location on both ends, I would greatly appreciate it.
post photo
Cusser   +1y
Could it be the wire to the oxygen sensor on the exhaust manifold? You wouldn't need that oxygen sensor wired up if the truck has a Weber.
hilltoppers_se5   +1y
Cusser thanks for the response. Is the plug for that sensor square? I can't remember. However, the truck does have a weber. I thought it was from the exhaust area as well because of the clip. I thought I got rid of that wire when I put the pace setter headers on though. But another thing that threw me off is that the plug was covered with oil. I mean the engine had oil everywhere so I don't know if that says much but just me thinking, I don't think the exhaust side of the engine had much oil on it where that sensor would be. Could it have came off the transmission somewhere?
dan woodland   +1y
Cusser is correct, that is the O2 sensor connector. The "wire" is to hold it off the hot exhaust manifold.
hilltoppers_se5   +1y
Ok good. I was really overthinking that. I appreciate the response. I really don't know why I still had that it should have been gone a ling time ago.

Thanks again Cusser and Dan.
Cusser   +1y

Yay !!! Winner, winner, chicken dinner !!!
Page 1 of 1