Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  EFI Fuel pump upgrade

EFI Fuel pump upgrade

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1109
replies 3
following 2

befarrer   +1y
I had purchased what was supposed to be a used Walbro 255 LPH pump for an RX7 from my local Kijij, what I had actually got was a Toyota Supra TT fuel pump, Denso part number 195130-1270, looking online, this pump is better than the Walbro. I removed my box, fuel sender, etc, expecting this to be a custom install. What I found was this:

Supra pump on the left, B2200 EFI pump on the right:
thread post photo

thread post photo

The pumps are identical diameter, height, electrical connector, fuel hose size and location, even the fuel sock is identical. It is a drop in upgrade.

For a stock B2200, this will do nothing, but people installing larger engines and want a higher flowing fuel pump, this pump is priced good, and is a no mod upgrade. This page has specs on the pump and many others -

In a nutshell, the Supra TT pump flows 277 Liter per Hour (73 Gallon per Hour) at 13.5 Volts and 43 PSI. The Walbro 255 (which requires mods to fit) flows 262 Liter per Hour (69 Gallon per Hour) at 13.5 Volts and 43 PSI.

According to Rock Auto, the RX7 turbo fuel pump and the B2200 Fuel pump from Carter are the same part number, but the B2200 pump likely from Mazda has a lower output than the RX7 Turbo pump, but the RX7 Turbo pump for comparison flows 233 Liter per Hour (59 Gallon per Hour) at 13.5 Volts and 43 PSI.
dan woodland   +1y
This sounds like you are talking about an EFI truck/fuel pump setup. There is another in-tank fuel pump setup for the automatic trucks. Those stock pumps only put out between 2.8 to 3.6.

Stock fuel injected pressure is between 28-37 from Haynes mannual - seams to be fuel line pressure.

FSM says EFI pump 64-85psi max range and 50psi minimum (with ignition off after 5 minutes.)

43 PSI seems a little low.
befarrer   +1y
Its a benchmark testing. Figures were taken from a Mitsubishi 3000 webpage discussing various fuel pump upgrades. This pump definately draws more power, my fuel pump cut switch gets alittle hot now. Going to do the RX7 fuel pump wiring mod.
dan woodland   +1y
Gotcha, I had the Factory manual open so I thought I'd share what it said.

Never heard of the relay getting hot before, interesting.

Page 1 of 1