Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  Need some help

Need some help

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 617
replies 1
following 2

mazdafreak   +1y
im putting my motor on a stand..what size and length of bolts do I need to put it on there?
axel breaker earl   +1y
HUGE!

Just take one of your engine to trans bolts with you to a good Ace Hardware store and match the thread count with the stock bolts. I think they are a 14mm diameter bolt, but can't remember the thread count off hand.

The length is going to vary with different makes of engine stands, as the "tube" that the bolt goes through will vary from stand to stand.......so get a measurement of the tube on your engine stand and add to it for the thread amount needed to reach into the block some.......probably a 1/2" of the bolt threaded into the block would be good.

NOW.....there are a couple of bell housing bolt holes in the engine block that have those alignment dowels sticking out of them. You will need to use some spacers or large washers to compensate for those dowels that stick out.

Or, you could just use long grade eight 3/8" bolts and run them through the bell housing bolt holes and use washers & nuts to hold the engine block the the engine stand.

Here are a few pics of how I do mine......I use the large metric bolts like the stock bolts, and washers & spacers to get it all spaced evenly.......plus, this gives me room to go ahead and install the flywheel while it's on the stand if I choose to.

thread post photo

thread post photo

As you can see, some of the bolts I have are longer, so I just stack some 1/2" washers behind the bolt head to effectively shorten that particular bolt.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
Page 1 of 1