Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  performance chip

performance chip

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1045
replies 7
following 5

tazombie   +1y
So I just got myself a powerbox performance chip from acd. The only thing is Idk where my IAT sensor is at our if I even have one. Is there anything that I can connect it to as a bypass. Such as my Weber carb?
dan woodland   +1y
I'm no expert but can you use a performance chip on a carb setup? I thought they were for EFI setups.

Are you trying to improve performance on an OEM setup? I think you'd be wasting your time/money.
tazombie   +1y
Well that's the thing Idk if I hook it up to my carb or if I connect it to something else. I'm just trying to give it a little pep. And that's what I was debating if it was a waste of money to...but I thought I would try it out.
mazdizzle   +1y
Sad to say but you got ripped off. All those things are is a resistor in a box.They trick the IAT signal and make the computer dump more fuel in the engine which may make it seem like it has more power since it's getting more fuel. I don't see how this would work at all on a carb truck
mazdatweaker_2   +1y

A little pep and these trucks don't go together in the same sentence. No shortcuts to a performance upgrade. And chips don't work on a carbed setup anyway, so your tune up in a box was kind of a waste of money. Sorry.
tazombie   +1y
yeah I understand. It's my first project truck so I'm still pretty new to this. I guess a Weber carb and new headers would be best for it
dan woodland   +1y
Not to shoot down another idea but, that won't do much for you either. If you are solely looking for performance updates I'd suggest an EFI upgrade or a Kia swap.

geterdun   +1y
Not sure about any other engine, but GM Vortec 4.3 (190 horsepower stock) from a 92 1500 pickup is a drop in fit. Use original, if metal, radiator, serpentine belt and flex fan. Power steering is right there by the steering, a/c on passenger side.
Computer included in install or:
86 HEI distributor, pre computer carburator.
Adapter plate to two barrel, or
intake change and four barrel (kinda over kill without posi-traction).
Wire 4-5 p.s.i. fuel pump in (connect + wire to the cut wire from the fuel pump in the tank).

To not have to alter the cross member, a modified 55-57 v8 Chevy oil pickup with a custom made front sump oil pan (or dry sump?) should get around that. On a tight budget, I altered the cross member. There may be a front sump chevy v6 pan out there.
Page 1 of 1