Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  lights on always

lights on always

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1013
replies 6
following 5

jealousonesenvy   +1y
i was driving my truck when my alternator bolt snapped (120 amp swAP) i HAD A BAT CAP installed by it so. my alternator hit the positive and grounded out so bad it burned the negative battery cables. It also popped my main fuse. So i replaced the negative ground cables, the main fuse box under the hood and fuses. The lights will stay on unless i take out the 2 fuses in the box the are marked main and btn... anyone know how to fix this problem?
baha   +1y
You must still have a short in that wire, was the positive cable affected at all?
jealousonesenvy   +1y
not that i noticed the power wire looks the same
toddluck   +1y
i think you toasted your alt

they cant really take much of a short
mazdaman82   +1y
may have fryed the wireing in the lights, i did that once and all i did was drop the compressor and make a short, so it dont have to be seen to be bad
jealousonesenvy   +1y
so i replaced the wiring harness, ecu. Wired everything up to normal. I took thge batter to shucks to be checked they say its still good. I had the alternator checked they say its still good. lights are on when i turn them on like normal. My alternator gets hella hot and so does the main fuse.. other then that the truck runs. anyone know why its gettin hot? i wont drive it til its fixed
bagdb2200   +1y
I would check the headlight switch and the wires that go to and from it. Something is probably shorted out in that part of the circuit.
Page 1 of 1