Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  Oooops

Oooops

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1123
replies 6
following 4

mr. jaun durfle   +1y
So I was pressurewashing the underside of my hood yesterday to get all the old caked up oil and fuel off (salvage yard hood) and some water must have gotten in my carb. I didn't think to look in the carb before I started the truck up, and well I think I broke it. When I turned the key to start the engine, I heard it crank once and then a thud. It wouldn't crank or turn over at all for a couple of minutes, then it would crank and turn over but wouldn't start up. I waited about an hour and tried it again and it started, but it was rough. I had to feather the gas alot to keep it going at first, abunch of backfiring, but after a few minutes it was running on it's own. There is a small amount of white smoke coming out from around the valve cover or maybe the head. Do I possibly have a cracked block, a blown head gasket, or could it be just a valve cover issue? I don't know alot about engines so any help would be greatly appreciated.
88ext22   +1y
Damn man thats shitty. Kinda sounds like you might have hydro locked it maybe? check your oil for water or for anything unusual just to be safe. Pull your plugs and see how they look. I'll get back on when I get off work tonight and talk to you more about it.
mr. jaun durfle   +1y
My oil is milky, so I guess the engine is toast.
91extcab   +1y
just to double check, see if you have oil in your radiator... just to rule out that you didnt accidentally just get water in the oil from the pressure wash.
88ext22   +1y
Hey pmd you my number but if you cant call just email me and ill help ya out
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
Change the oil, check your plugs and check that you didn't get any water in your distributor cap.
mr. jaun durfle   +1y
Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to drain the oil and check my plugs and cap today. Hopefully nothing is really wrong, but if the block is toast then I guess I'll just have to find a chevy 305 to put in it.
Page 1 of 1