threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  fuel gage for (i think) a chevy fuel cell?!?!

fuel gage for (i think) a chevy fuel cell?!?!

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2653
replies 6
following 4

pinklady   +1y
hey all just finished baggin my b2200 last week and we had some trouble getting the fue gage to work with the fuel cell we tried many differtn wires to make it work and nothing worked !!!
the fuel cell says its 0 to 90 ohms we think we didnt get much info on the fuel cell when we bought it ( i dont know why) im actually kinda peeved about it cause the guy should of let us know what we needed to know about the fuel cell to make the gas gage to work !!! weve tryed many things and nothing is working we even tried to get a new gage to mount somewhere and that didnt work at all either!!! im trying to get as much info on the fuel cell as i can but right now we got nothing really so anyone have any pointers to either make the stock gage work or an after market gage work would awsome!!!
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
if i remember correctly the mazda guage is negitive ohms to read.... not going to work with a positive sending unit
elbine69   +1y
The mazda sending unit is 90-0 ohms. You can use a 0-90 ohm unit, but the fuel gauge will read backwards. Maybe the sender is bad if your getting no reading with an aftermarket gauge or on the stock one.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
if the aftermarket gauge doesnt work and its a proven gauge then i would be second guessing the sending unit.

-justin
pinklady   +1y
ok that sucks cause its a brand new fuel cell with sending unit my buddy who bought it didnt get anythng with it and hasnt gotten back to me about were he got it from with the mazda being 90 - 0 ohms and the sending unit being 0-90 ohms which is the only thing that we know of like 80% sure of it being we thought it would work if we reversed the wires but that didnt work when we did get a reading all we were getting was either a full tank or an empty tank it would just go up or down no accurate reading. and with the after market gage we bought we tryed it on a stock sending unit and it still didnt work cayse my bf has a bagged mazda that the gage dont work but with a regular tank so he took the wires from y old gas tank to put on his and it still didnt work everything stock put back in properly and all he got for a reading was either a full tank or a empty tank once i get the info i need for the fuel cell ill post it on here if anyone can help us figure it out!?!?!?
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
from what i understand in these posts is that you bought an aftermarket gauge (which is 0 - 90 ohms) you tried it with a stock sending unit? ok thats not going to work because as stated the stock sending unit is 90 - 0 ohms.... reversing the wires isn't going to change the way it sends a signal. so you also tried the cell with the aftermarket gauge and that didn't work??? what you need is a sending unit and gauge that are the same ohm range. either the 90 - 0 or 0 - 90. not switched up. a 90 - 0 gauge isn't going to work with a 0 - 90 sending unit, properly, no matter what you do. same as 0 - 90 sending unit with a 90 - 0 gauge, not going to work properly.
pinklady   +1y
ok........ the after market gage we bought said it was worked with a bunch of different oh type sendign units my bf says thats the only one he could find that day were going to try and find one next time were out the bf also said that he thinks he and my buddy have been wiring it worng !!!!!!!!!!! gahh!!! and he thinks it ill work with the way hes going to try next time !! ol well se if it works lol
Page 1 of 1