Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  whine/whistle in cool weather

whine/whistle in cool weather

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1129
replies 3
following 4

slamdtaco   +1y
so it's finally started to cool off here lately and get into the 60s for the lows. my truck will whine/whistle until the engine warms up in the cool weather. this morning it was in the high 70s and it did not make any noise at all. anyone have any ideas? I haven't had time to open hood to try to figure out where the noise is coming from as I'm going to work and don't have the time
nytrdr24   +1y
only whine or whistle I hear on a cool morning is usually me getting from the house to the car & fussing about it being cold....lol haha!!

could be a belt slipping, or alternator or ps pump creating the whine or whistle....check your belts to see if they are loose, try & wiggle the pulleys on the alt & ps pump to see if they are loose aswell....might save you
from getting stranded on the side of the road...
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
man i wish it was low 70s here this morning... more like low 40s and im in HOTLanta lol.... as for the whine/whistle never heard one do that unless it had a vac leak but it would do it all the time if that was the case... good luck finding what the cause is and keep us posted
hocbj23   +1y
alternator and/or alternator belt. With a little age they whine anyway and cold weather makes it worse.bj
Page 1 of 1