Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  pacesetter install

pacesetter install

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3545
replies 7
following 4

89mazdawg(daniel)   +1y
how hard is a pacesetter header to install? and anyone got any tips/instructions for it? i just got mine back from getting ceramic coated and i was gonna get a shop to do it, but they said it would $250, because they would have to install a new inline catalytic converter with it. thanks
neptune   +1y
what year is your truck?? if you dont have to go through emissions dont worry about a cat its super easy i have taken my stock manifold off at least 7-8 times it takes about 10 minutes to get it all off with the cat off about 15 minutes cuz you gotta crawl under the truck, so might take you 30-45 minutes to do it yourself with out putting another car on somewhere. but thats a guess i havent done one
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
its pretty simple.... did you get your tail flange welded up yet? you will need to get it welded to the header first....
89mazdawg(daniel)   +1y

i'm getting the tail flange welded on tomorrow, and then im gonna try and put the header on myself.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
does your truck already have a cat? its pretty easy... the hardest part is getting to all the bolts with the heat shield on the stock one.... but much easier to get to the bolts on the pacesetter....
89mazdawg(daniel)   +1y

idk if the truck already has a cat. i haven't looked. and the guy at his shop didn't either, he saw the truck through his office window
estills   +1y
I just purchased a set of Pacesetter headers for my 1987 B2000 (#70-1140) (http://pacesetterexhaust.com/85-93-mazda-b2000-2200-headers.aspx). I plan on installing with a Weber carb this weekend. The header came with the header, extension and U bolt. I'm not thinking that there will be any welding or fabrication required. Am I wrong in thinking that?
Page 1 of 1