threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  88' Mazda 5sp tranny leaking.

88' Mazda 5sp tranny leaking.

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 981
replies 8
following 5

slammedmazda   +1y
It's right at the end of the tranny where the driveshaft enters. I just ordered a seal,But i was wondering if the seal was a simple install?
neptune   +1y
i wouldnt call any trans job simple.... but ive never done it so i hope all goes easy for you!
sincitylocal   +1y
It's not tough at all...
The hardest part is probably gonna be removing the bad one.
Once it's out, tap the new one in with a smooth faced hammer.
slammedmazda   +1y
That's what i thought! Thanks SinCity.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
have fun getting the old one out....... pretty smooth putting the new one in..... dont wop it in, use light taps....
mazdatweaker   +1y
If you have modified your truck so that the drive shaft orientation has been modified from stock, you are probably going to ruin what ever seal you put in unless you modify your drive shaft to compensate for whatever slamming you do.
slammedmazda   +1y
Ya it was leaking when i bought it....Previous owner halfassed everything. Now it's all done right so i figured to put the new seal in.

It came out pretty easy! And the seal didn't look bad at all.... (besides the dings i put in it).
neptune   +1y
sweet glad it all worked out for you, the po probly used the wrong one or something lol.. i know everytime i got get a water pump they ask if its square tooth or round and im like.. how the f*ck am i supposed to know??? lol
slammedmazda   +1y
You where so right Neptune! The previous owner of the truck used the wrong seal. I picked up the new seal tonight(had to order it) and it was a totally different seal........
Page 1 of 1