threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.2L \  Engine runs like crap! HELP!!

Engine runs like crap! HELP!!

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1817
replies 10
following 6

slammedmazda   +1y
It's a stock 2.2 with the stock carb.Before i had it at the shop for frame work(4 months)it ran like a top! It doesn't want to idle,and when i hammer on the gas it just sputters! After it warms up a bit and i give it just a little gas it runs but will still not idle.Ive checked all the vacuum lines,cleaned the carb,new cap and rotar with new plugs! What am i missing?? Give me a few minutes and i will down load a video of the truck running...
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
did the gas go bad while it was at the shop? try some gas treatment and put 5 gallons of high test in it
slammedmazda   +1y
When i picked it up i put in 6 gallons of premium!
slammedmazda   +1y
Here ya go....
toddluck   +1y
stuck choke?..lube it up good
slammedmazda   +1y
I was thinking the same thing Todd.....And i used silicone lube all over the linkages and springs on the carb! Can the electric choke assembly be bad?
sicsic6   +1y
advance or retard the timing to see if that works
slammedmazda   +1y
Going to check the timing tomorrow.....But if it was off wouldn't it have a miss? Cause when i do give it gas it doesn't have a miss! And if my valves where bad,would it do this?
lofosho86   +1y
have you checked the fuel filter maybe it has some dirt clogging it up!
slammedmazda   +1y
The ckoke is sticking! I can get it running by closeing the butterfly by hand,Then it runs fine...........Weber carb here i come!! lol