Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.2L \  exhaust

exhaust

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2614
replies 11
following 8

slamjammatt   +1y
hello all my name is matt i have a 1990 mazda b2200 on bags it has the weber carb conversion passetter header bore has been increased and the head has been port and polished i am also air care exempt but my question is what would the best sounding muffler be to put on my truck i want loud but also deep

it has a manual tranny as well
heavenly_blade101   +1y
Welcome aboard matt! I'd have to say its all personal preference. I have always been partial to cherry bomb, although I haven't heard any on these trucks. Others around here will be able to help a bit more. I would say to pick a name brand you like, and try one!
slamjammatt   +1y
well i put a cherry bomb glass packed on my girlfriends b2200 and is sounds sweet but i wanted some more input on others
heavenly_blade101   +1y
I see. I don't know about laws on emissions and noise in your area but here we have no emissions and as for noise it's up to the police officer to deem it too loud. Here on a Chevy 350 small block we can get away with strait pipes as long as you're easy on the loud pedal around the cops. If you like the sound of a glass pack, you could always try strait pipes. or atleast muffler free
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
im running a flowmaster 40 series on mine with the same setup as you, 2.2 with weber and header. ive got no cat with 2.25 pipe to the muffler then a turn down before the rearend.

thread post photo
slamjammatt   +1y
thanks mazdawg for the video it sounds great i put one on mine but i still have the cat in witch will come out in the next couple of days before the langley cruise-in car show because i am putting my truck in

but again thanks for the info every one
futrao   +1y
here is mine
fitbmx180   +1y
flowmaster 40 series 2.5 pipe

thread post photo
toddluck   +1y

wow mikey that sounds awesome
skyloosdad   +1y
i have an apexi muffler on my b2200 and it sounds ok will a header make that much of a difference or should i remove the cat