Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.2L \  What's is going on here?

What's is going on here?

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2021
replies 11
following 4

bodiedninetytwo   +1y
this is the fuel lines that come from the back of truck, with no fuel filter coming through with them.

but then i noticed this, maybe you can fill me in on this.

and here is a over all view of the junky ass motor

any help would be appreciated
thebeaumartin   +1y
the best i could tell ya is get a webber sorry i know thats no help with what you got
bodiedninetytwo   +1y
Yeah. Weber is my next investment, but until then i wanted to still drive the truck but it runs like doo.
thebeaumartin   +1y
sorry i could not help and i know all about da doo haha
bodiedninetytwo   +1y
lol no prob man, i have had the truck for a while now and i just want to drive it!
sparage   +1y
Believe the cut line by the tank runs to the evap canister. Looks like that has been removed too.
mazdatweaker   +1y
The line from the first picture is supposed to run to the charcoal cannister.

It stores vapors from the tank.
mazdatweaker   +1y
The second picture is of the AC idle up dashpot. . .but the vacuum lines are misrouted. There is a plugged hose (in your picture) behind the carb that normally supplies manifold vacuum to a solenoid which gets energized when the AC is turned on, which is then supposed to supply vacuum to the dashpost. . .the hose doesn't normally run directly to the carb, like in your picture.

the hose you are touching in the picture is added . . . I think it is a vent only.
bodiedninetytwo   +1y
Well the truck has no heat, nor a/c...so could i just do without that line? i need a dan webber already man
mazdatweaker   +1y
Before I would spend penny one on anything, I would verify that the engine isn't worn out.