Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.2L \  HELP....Check Engine light

HELP....Check Engine light

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2847
replies 16
following 6

j-bird   +1y
Just got the warning tonight....if i drive 35 MPH or higher, At a solid amount of time. My Check Engine light come on. The moment i let off the Gas just alittle the Check Engine light goes out! But the Moment i stay solid Again the light comes back on! Any ideas?

1987 b2200 Manual. ex cab.
j-bird   +1y
bump anyone?
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
are you carb'd or fi?
oneroom42   +1y
is this the male female swap plug thing under the dash or something different. mine came on before but it was on all the time. all i did was swap the plugs under the dash and i was good to go.
j-bird   +1y
it is Carb. Weber!

I checked the oil today and Noticed it was REAL low. Did a oil change. well see!

Oneroom42...what plug thing?
j-bird   +1y
bump
j-bird   +1y
bump
dzminiz   +1y

check the CEL
nonamedsomebody   +1y

Green and brown wires swap those and see if your light goes out if not then something else is the cause. these are tucked up under the dash on the drivers side if you run your hand down the main harness that runs in through the firewall you should feel them on top.Mazda is sneaky they want you to take it in and pay an arm and a leg to get it shut off.
mazdatweaker   +1y
The light is there to indicate that service is needed for the EGR subsystem. It is a mileage driven function. The wires get swapped at 60k, then I think again at 90k, then they are disconnected entirely the next time the light comes on.