threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  All those crazy vacuum lines!!!

All those crazy vacuum lines!!!

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 9024
replies 9
following 8

98layinframe   +1y
I searched but couldn't really find anything. What do you guys that are running the stock carb and also bagged do with all those vacuum lines and crap thats mounted on top the passenger side inner fender? Are there any of those lines for the emissions setup (ones ya dont "really" need) i could just yank off and plug up? If not where'd you guys relocate all that crap too? Also whats with the like 3 big egr type looking lines running from the air filter to the exhaust manifold? Do i really need all this shit!?!!??

cliff notes. trying to clean up under the hood and start cutting fenders... what all can i get rid of? Its completely stock under there.
devb22   +1y
All those vacuum lines have a purpose and unfortunately the only way to get rid off them is to convert to a Weber Carburetor...

Those 3 bigger lines in the front are tied in with the exhaust and you can eliminate those with the purchase of a Pacesetter Header...

Otherwise leave em be man...

Just my two coppers!
98layinframe   +1y
shit... not what i was hoping to hear.

Ok so i dont have the truck here at the house in front of me so i cant look, but what is all that stuff on top the passenger side fender? Evap canister is the bigger one... but all the little crap with all the vacuum lines? I guess everyone just moves it up or shoves it somewhere else?

And how much it cost, and how involved is it to swap out to a weber carb setup?
devb22   +1y

Most people that 'bag the truck and keep that original software intact..lol...relocate it under trailer fenders!

Weber's usually are in the $270-$400 range depending on which model you get; eg: 32/36 DGEV or 34 DGEC

Pacesetter Headers are usually found in the $150-$200 range, depending on the coating and they are a bolt-on application...

Both will take time to install, but both will come with detailed instructions!
slammedmazda   +1y
Ok...I have a question about this vacuum crap to.Im switching over to a weber carb,And i want to know what i can and can't get rid of in forms of all the vacuum lines and such...?

And does anyone have some pic's to post of with the weber on and the inner fenders all cleaned up?
elbine69   +1y
Everything with a vacuum line that runs to the stock carb can be removed. Pretty much everything on the passenger side inner fender will be gone. You can also get rid of all the wiring that went to the stock carb too.
speedster93b   +1y
get a bunch of vacuum caps and pull the lines and cap it at the intake manf. and as mentioned get a pacesetter header.
dngrwood   +1y
I'M in Dallas, Texas. Will it pass emissions with a weber setup and if so where do I buy one? I have tryed to buy egr valves,solenoids etc. no luck at parts stores. One place had them $$$$$$ lots of cash??? Any options?
oldspice213   +1y
webercarbdirect.com
hawaiian   +1y
You can remove them all with a weber and headers except the vac for the dizzy and brake booster. You can even remove the computer.

you can see my engine pics here...
Page 1 of 1