Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  Weber Carb Issue

Weber Carb Issue

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 840
replies 2
following 2

nbailey   +1y
Yeah, it's me again. I had a quick question on how to fix something on my Weber 34/34 carb. I saw a similar topic, but there was no real answer in it, so I figure I'll try my luck.

Basically, when I start the truck, the carb seems to going into fast idle. The weird thing was, I never had a problem during the summer, and in the winter I did it on purpose by pressing the gas a few times before starting it. But, when it got warm enough that I didn't need to warm up the engine, every time I started it, the thing would go into fast idle for a few minutes. I could force it out after a few by tapping the gas, but then it would drop down to about 5 or 600 rpm and if I put it into gear it would stall out. To answer what is probably going to be someone's first question, yes I give the truck a little gas when I start it, because otherwise it doesn't always crank right away.

The other topic had a post by someone saying the choke cable got wallowed out and stuck at first. If that's the case, how do I fix that? Is it something with the tuning of the carb? Any help would be great, the truck hasn't been actually driven more than a few minutes at a time in over a year now (I'm deployed to Iraq), and I want to make sure I can get it running the way it should be when I get home before I have get to drive it from Indiana to Texas.
korrupt1   +1y
get some dri-slide for the cables...its kinda greenish can of lube...available at most motorcycle shops...great stuff...climbs its way thru the cable hosing...lube any and all cables.

I was looking at a carbed model...it worked easiest to press gas once...start it...then tap the gas after a minute, then tap again and the idle went to perfect.

dunno if that will work for you but it seemed to work well on my test drives
nbailey   +1y
Alright, I'll look into it. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1