threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  my 2200 will not start....can anyone help?

my 2200 will not start....can anyone help?

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 965
replies 1
following 2

nvrdoned50   +1y
ok so i bought my mazda not running....guy said the carb was shot... so i bought a rebuilt carb...got it put on today and tried to start it....nothing...just turns over and over and over.... so i started checking to see if the carb was getting gas...and it is. so with that out of the way... i went on to check to see if i was getting fire to the plugs....and i found that the coil was cracked...so i replaced it with a coil from a running and driving mazda truck....still nothing...just turns over...so i checked the firing order and its all correct...made sure none of the plugs were fouled...can anyone figure out why it wont start???? ill be doing a compression test tommrow....any help will be great..
hocbj23   +1y
It still may not be getting spark.Pull a plug wire loose,hold the loose wire near the plug end with INSULATED PLIERS and have some one turn the truck over.A spark should jump the gap between wire and plug end.If not no spark.no spark shesa no run.if spark check timing by pulling the number 1 plug out,put a soda straw or other thin long item down into number one plug hole until u touch the top of number 1 piston.have some one bump the starter with the coil wire removed until the straw comes up as far as it will go and then starts back down.pull the dizzy cap off and the rotor button long end should be pointed at the number one spark plug wire outlet.The number 1 spark plug outlet should be at the 10 oclock position as u look at the dizzy cap.if not,loosen the dizzy bolts and and move the dist until the number one plug wire outlet is lined up with the rotor button long end.put it back together and see if it starts.If not u got a shit load of trouble and its time to see a real mechanic.Lol.bj
Page 1 of 1