Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  B2200 Not Running Right....Please Help

B2200 Not Running Right....Please Help

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1182
replies 4
following 4

zmccarver   +1y
I have a B2200 (automatic tranny) that I just bought and it is giving me a huge problem. It starts fine and idles fine but when you take off after shifting into 2nd the motor acts as if it is bogging down and going to die. You have to ease off the throttle and ease back on to get it to go again. Even with that you cannot get up to a decent speed to travel down the road. I have tried everything that has been suggested by my friends and could really use some other suggestions or guesses at what could cause this. I took the carb off and put on another one and it still does this, I have checked for vac. leaks and did not find any.

it seems to be putting a lot of gas into the carb but i am no mechanic and know very little about engines. any advice is greatly appreciated.
chilnviln   +1y
does it have the same problem of bogging down when you have the truck in PARK and rev the engine? have you checked the catalytic converter?
toddluck   +1y
definatly check the cats
zmccarver   +1y
no problem in park. took the rear cat off. will check the front one this weekend
hocbj23   +1y
Im bettin on a vacuum leak somewhere.When u accelerate in first,ur pulling lots of vacuum which is advancing the dist.The automatic uses vacuum to shift thru gears 1-3 and the overdrive is electric.I bet when the truck pulls vacuum to shift from 1 to 2 gear the dist isnt getting enough vacuum to maintain the advance,falls back and the truck stumbles.I would replace the vac line from the carb to the dist and check the little bitty short line from the manifold to the carb base behind the carb and next to the valve cover.It is hard to see,but it is in the hottest place on the truck and gets overlooked and often leaks.bj
Page 1 of 1