Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  need help on motor guys?

need help on motor guys?

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 938
replies 6
following 4

aaron_dwarnock90mazda   +1y
ok i found a guy on craigslist that has a 88 2.2 motor out of a 626 thats fuel injection with 48,000 miles on it. im looking in to buying this motor for the mazda instead of rebuilding mine. since its goin to be cheaper then rebuilding mine.

i need to know if all my parts off my 2.2 thats carbed will bolt on to the new motor?
do i have to just pull off my intake and exhaust manifold and switch them over to the new motor or are they different?

any info will help guys. thanks aaron.
lowballin   +1y
no thoughts on a conversion? to a i?

~B~ not as hard as u would think if u got the time if not if its a 2.2 block it is the same..

~B~
toddluck   +1y
go to mazdatruckin.com
ask the guys there
xulf13   +1y
Mazdatruckin.com rep here. LOL
I'm pretty sure, the 88 626 has the 12 valve cylinder head so you will have to swap cylinder heads in order for this to work. and the distributor on that head is facing the transmission. it will end up facing the firewall and you would have to either cut the firewall or get a distributorless system.
lowballin   +1y
HInts said Block =P
xulf13   +1y
Yes the block is the same, that's it. but to answer his question. he can't just pull the intake and exhaust and swap those. he would have to swap the cylinder head as well. and to get technical, he will have to also swap his flywheel and clutch from truck to 626 engine.
aaron_dwarnock90mazda   +1y
thanks guys but if the only thing im goin to be able to use is the block i dont think i am goin to get it.
Page 1 of 1