Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.2L \  Normal temp?

Normal temp?

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4976
replies 13
following 8

slammedyota91   +1y
Okay, So my 1989 B2200 is running fine, Everythings all good! BUT, Its always ran hot, Never overheated or gone past 3/4's but always ran hot, I sent a pic to Justin he said his doesnt run near as hot as mine, So I checked my coolant, Was gross, So I had the system flushed entirely. Everything seemed fine. Drove home and it still ran hot, I figured nothing of it. Well recently I have been trying to fix all the lil things, So I went and got a new air cleaner/fuel filter/plugs/wires/cap/rotor, The usual, Well I got a new radiator cap cuz mine was no good. That didnt fix my problem either, I have had a new thermostat now for a few months lol just never put it in, Well today I did. My old one was very old lol, Needed replacing, Put the new one in. Now my truck is overheating lol, Pretty lame. Its not OVER heating, but for sure running hotter than ever. I ran it without the cap to ensure the thermostat was opening it is. Now wtf? lol, EVerything is done and good. I dont see why its getting so hot, Im gonna pull the thermostat and run it see if it heats up again. I dont wanna run it without a thermostat cuz thats not good! lemme know?
toddluck   +1y
what temp stat you running i run a 185 and mine runs at half
hocbj23   +1y
I smell a bad fan clutch.bj
slammedyota91   +1y
I dunno, I bought it from Napa Auto parts. and its just a stock replacement. I removed the thermostat (the new one) and ran it without it. And its running cool. So I know there is flow. and damn good flow at that! Maybe the new one is no good?
toddluck   +1y
i think the stock one is a 192 if i remmebr right try scaling down to a 185
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
my last job was at a radiator repair shop and we also replaced water pumps and thermos... those flush kits are poo, they don't clean all the big stuff out just the slim on the sides.... heres how to check the flow on the radiator... take the bottom hose off and run your house hose through the top, the water should flow as fast as your hose can put water into it.... if it starts to come out the top while you have the hose in it then you have a radiator flow problem (of course only do this when your motor is completely cool) if thats the case you can either buy a new one or spend a few bucks less and take it to a radiator shop and ask them to rod it out.... a good way to check the water pump is to hook the bottom hose back up and disconnect the top hose, put your house in the radiator fill neck and run it wide open, the pump should be pushing the water up and out of the top hose as fast as its running in there..... also what radiator cap is on your truck? if its stock its more then likely poo... the cap is designed to release built up pressure which will cause it to run a little hotter....
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
oh and btw i replaced my stock fan with an electric 14" off ebay for around $25 and it works better then the stock.... been 3 months now with it on and my heat hand never hits above 1/2 way
slammedyota91   +1y
Sweet! Well, I figured it out, It was the thermostat. I purchased a bad one, It runs great now thanks guys!
toddluck   +1y
cool cool
nonamedsomebody   +1y
great info I may replace my theremostat now sounds like mine may be at it's MTBF. I thought it was running lean since my timing is a tooth off it runs ok but i would like to get the timing spot on again.