Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  overheating and bags

overheating and bags

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 887
replies 6
following 5

low down89   +1y
ok a couple of weeks ago my 2.2 overheated and blew a by pass hose the one at the back of the engine so i saw some white chunks in the coolant as well so i put on a new hose 180 thermostat and new radiator cap started backflushing the truck and blew a wad of white chuncks out ran some six hour flush through it for a week

the truck ran nice and cool that week so yeaterday i drained and flushed the system and refilled with coolant the truck done good this morning but this after noon it got hot about half way up the gauge which it never does the only thing different is i drove with the front bags fully inflated today because it wouldnt hold air last week had a bad air leak so that is the only diference i can see the radiator was replaced 2 months ago along with an electric fan radiator is flowwing fine and the fan is on a toggle switch and is working properly any ideas
fattirebicycles   +1y
As i'm sure you already know, it has nothing to do with your bags. you putr in a new thermostat, and it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, get your motor up to operating temperature and keep it there. Your olt thermostat probably was stuck open and keeping your truck overcooled, which is why it wouldn't get up to where it is now, which is exactly where it is supposed to be at. You're going to be fine.
low down89   +1y
ok i just was wondering if the severe slant would cause coolant flow problems or not but i will run with it as long as she dont overheat
pont   +1y
Yea fattirebicycles is right that is the normal range for these trucks. Mine rides in the middle all day long with out fussing.
noreservationsaugusta   +1y

not to worry i have had mine bagged for a while always ride with the front up back down never had problems with coolant or oil. you'll be fine
idropdit (brandon)   +1y
there's no way your bags could interfere with the running of your motor. unless of course, you drug your radiator. lol.
low down89   +1y
i found the problem a few weeks ago when the weather changed i had a clogged up heater core and a a small pin hole in the radiator fixed all that now running nice and cool
Page 1 of 1