Page 1 of 2
Australia \  info on quad cab, doors, and glass

info on quad cab, doors, and glass

Australia Events
views 5319
replies 19
following 8

jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
Ok serious ppl only please. I talked with Mike A. from Minitruckin Mag last summer at Midwest Dragfest regarding trying to get a quad cab, 4 doors, and glass to the US. He said he knew how to get one for somewhere around $3,000USD to $5,000USD delivered to my house/shop. Does anybody on here know of where or who I might be able to contact regarding this? I am going to try gettting a hold of Mike of course but wanted to see what the ppl from down under think. I am in the process of figuring my budget to get my truck (show truck that is) started. Was going to build myself but shit I have no time and now I am starting to get the money rolling in. So F*&k it I will pay to have it built right. Well any help would be great. Please email me
Thanx,
JM
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
Come on surely somebody can help or have some info????? Please?
sierrax   +1y
Just google importing cars to US. I searched one night and found a site dedicated to companies who import cars and trucks. You might want to check out getting one from the Carribean, like Nasseau, Grand Camon, Turks, etc. Usual shipping quote that I got was $2800-$4000 USD for shipping and importing costs.
phatkix   +1y
thats a good idea, most carribean islands import their cars from japan anyways.

maybe try the U.S. virgin islands, as i'm guessing you wouldn't have to pay import fees.

if you import a vehicle from the carribean and don't see it face to face be careful, the humidity and salt kills rides very quik!
valiant   +1y
something else you need to check with is the local law. I was looking into importing a 4wd VW Golf but when I started checking on them, the local law said something about the vehicle had to be 25 years old or made specifically for the US before you could import it. dont know how true this is but if you find out how much to ship one of them 4 doors over here, let me know how much, I would love to have a 4 door mazda, dont know if they made them in 4wd but it would be nice to have both a 4 door 2wd and 4wd.
-Mike
phatkix   +1y
oh yeah, vehicles do have to be 25 years old to be imported.......only 15 years old in canada tho
sierrax   +1y

In Canada you can import any year of vehicle. It just has to meet some general safety guidelines to be fit for the road. Even if it doesn't meet the requirements you can still import it. You just have to modify it to drive it on the road.

I used to work at a place that did all of the cluster changes (to KM's), most common fixes like daytime running lights, etc. We did cars and mostly trucks from around the world, but sadly I never saw a mazda B.
phatkix   +1y

thats odd, maybe cars that are already in available canada?

because you can't bring a scion TC, mitsubishi evo, pontiac GTO, dodge stratus...........because they don't pass safety laws. if they could be brought here i'd have a TC in my driveway right now.

i don't think it's possible for you to modify these cars to be "road legal" in canada or some one would be driving around town in an r34 z-tune.

we just imported a truck from japan, and although the 2007 version of truck is the exact same in every aspect. the newest vehicle we could legally insure for the road was a 1992.

******sorry to jack your thread**********
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
Wow I totally forgot I even started this thing. Ooops. Well I have talked to a few ppl and I am still trying to locate and purchase the needed parts. I am not worried about bringing in a whole truck. Just parts. VIN # will be that of US single cab donner truck. I will keep ppl posted once I get it figured out and started.
Thanx
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
Hellooooo.... Is there anybody out there??? lol