Page 1 of 1
Central \  WTF NO CRAIGSLIST!!!!

WTF NO CRAIGSLIST!!!!

Central Events
views 1491
replies 9
following 6

watster9   +1y
OK Im calling my congressman, you all should do the same. there was a guy who had a Mazda on their last night and i was going to call him this morning about it. I should have written down the number! STOP SOPA
axel breaker earl   +1y
Holy CRAP!
This hasn't gone through yet, right?
I think it may be CL showing us what COULD happen if these bills get passed.

This is wrong, I'm going to call mine also!
baha   +1y
I've been reading about that too. Wikipedia is doing a 24hr black out today.
watster9   +1y
Yeah its just for the next 24 hours..... but still thepiratebay.com is still working! I love their defiance!! theyve been sued so many times but they never respond to the people suing them, its great!!
onebadkota   +1y
You should still be able to get into craigslist...at the bottom of the page.
91extcab   +1y
CL, google, wiki, they are all participating in a blackout of sorts. Wiki is supposed to be temp shut down, google blacked out their logo. I'm not sure how far cl is going with their participation...
baha   +1y
FB should blackout all of the politician accounts.
1hotdawg   +1y
If you will wait 10 seconds on the Craigslist black page, you'll see a link appear at the bottom to take you on into CL. You can even barely see the countdown before the link appears if you have good eye site
1hotdawg   +1y
Response from my congressman to my email about the SOPA bill:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding H.R. 3261, the Stop Online Piracy Act. We appreciate hearing from you.

H.R. 3261 was introduced by Rep. Smith (R-TX) on October 26, 2011, and referred to the House Judiciary committee. This measure, if enacted, would authorize the U.S. Attorney General and individuals, who allege they have been infringed, to seek court orders against websites committing or facilitating online piracy; this includes but is not limited to, hosting copy-righted material without permission and facilitating or participating in the exchange of counterfeit goods. Proponents of this bill insist these safeguards are needed to combat the on-going assault on revenues directly related to piracy. Opponents contend the measure would unduly place a policing burden on companies, such as Google, by requiring them to monitor hyperlinks that appear in various search queries.

This measure is still under consideration by the House Judiciary committee and is expected to undergo a variety of changes before a final version is agreed upon. For this reason, we wish to withhold our support until a final version is produced. In the meantime, we have noted your thoughts and will keep them in mind as the debate continues.

As always, we appreciate hearing from you. If our office may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
axel breaker earl   +1y
Thanks 1HotDawg!
Page 1 of 1