Page 1 of 1
Southeast \  1989 Mazda B2600i 4X4 Help

1989 Mazda B2600i 4X4 Help

Southeast Events
views 3113
replies 9
following 3

flcaptain   +1y
[color=#4000FF]I have looked all over the internet for info on this truck. No luck. I am in the Virgin Islands and there's just not alot here to work with. Does anyone have a download I could get the service manual from? How about a place to order one? Many thanks.[/color]
91_2600i   +1y
A Chilton's manual will help you do most of what you want to do. You can get factory manuals on ebay, but they are pretty expensive. Your best bet would be Amazon...

?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0801989647&linkCode=as2&tag=product_id-20

Or eBay....

If you have any specific systems or components you need help with, post it and someone will come along with some info to help you out!
flcaptain   +1y
Many thanks. Will do. My biggest concern is a huge metal "Popping" sound when I turn the wheel hard over in the front-end . It is worse when in 4-wheel. I am thinking ball joints. Anyone have an ideas. Thanks,
norcallumps   +1y
CV shaft
91_2600i   +1y
Yep. Sounds like CV joints. You can buy new front half shafts on Amazon and eBay as well as plenty other suppliers like JC Whitney and the likes. I just searched on eBay and Amazon and you can get shafts from between $45 & $100 each. I would do the seals while I was in there.

Here are a couple of pics from my 91 Chilton's manual. I'd be surprised if there were any material differences between the 91 and 89 front drivelines.

thread post photo

thread post photo
91_2600i   +1y
Looks like the images got downsized a little bit. If you can't read them, PM me and I'll email you pdf versions.
flcaptain   +1y
Thank you gentlemen. That was a great help. I may have to look around here(US Virgin Islands). It is a pain going through customs here(shipping). Again, thank you.
flcaptain   +1y
Looks like I have more issues . now the head gasket is done along with the head being warped. head is one the way. Anyone have the info for removal and re install of the head. The idiot I originally hired dropped the timing chain into the engine when he removed the o/h cam. I retrieved it, engine remains at TDC, hasn't moved. Do you think i will be ok without removing the whole front-end of the engine?
91_2600i   +1y
Hi FLCaptain,

Just sent a PM. Should have some procedures for you soon.
flcaptain   +1y
91 2600i is the greatest guy on here. Many thanks my friend for all your help.
Page 1 of 1