Page 1 of 1
Southeast \  b2200 Carb question - repair or replace

b2200 Carb question - repair or replace

Southeast Events
views 1483
replies 2
following 3

89b2200jn   +1y
I just got a 89 B2200 and the truck will stall when I put in gear. The idle speed is currently set to 1700-1800.. any lower and it will stall. I knew the carb was the likely issue.

Question - is it better to repair/buy used OEM carb or buy a webber replacement?

Keep in mind, I live in an area that has requirements for emissions.

Any knowledge or help is appreciated!
axel breaker earl   +1y
Welcome 89b2200JN,

These trucks have a bunch of vacuum hoses, as you already know, so the first thing you need to do is follow them from their sources and to the devices they control to make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks. There are 4 that hook up to the air cleaner in various places on it, and there are a couple that hook to a device under the intake manifold.

If you haven't done this yet, pull the air cleaner off (you need to remove 5 or 6 bolts or nuts, and the 3 big hoses on the front of the air cleaner, and the 4 different vacuum hoses that attach to it.
You can then see the carburetor then, believe it or not! Now you can do a better job looking for broken or missing vacuum hoses.

If you can take some good CAMERA pictures and post them here, we might be able to help you get any of the hoses that are missing or hooked up wrong, back in their place.
Cusser   +1y

As Yogi Berra says: "there are requirements, and there are requirements". All depends on the state, or the county even.

In other words, does your truck simply have to meet ppm HC and % CO2 at idle? Or does it need to pass at load on a dynamometer? Or does it have to have exactly the equipment that it originally had when it rolled off the boat?
Page 1 of 1