Page 1 of 3
Northwest \  b2200 speed upgrade

b2200 speed upgrade

Northwest Events
views 6173
replies 20
following 12

757texican   +1y
My mane is Jose. I live in Seattle and own a 1990 B2200. I put a weber carb and heaters on my truck and it has added a little extra power but I feel there is other things that could be done to it without upgrading to a bigger motor. Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated. thanks for reading...
jeff115   +1y
The biggest increase I got in power was from a cam upgrade.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
switch to an electric fan.
cj2200   +1y
Yo Jose, I had the same question but some buddies always said these motors are only good for about 20 more HP... so thanks for asking because I'm not really feelin' a motor swap either.

I'm in Lynnwood btw
91extcab   +1y
^^ since when collin?
cj2200   +1y
Mostly a broke comment, plus minitruckin isn't about speed anyway.

The soon to be sold donor motor goes with the whole E30 too
jbird1312   +1y
exhaust!!
axel breaker earl   +1y

with TURBO! You'll have all the power you need!
paparoach1983   +1y
You can swap the 626 turbo exhaust manifold nd bolt it to the b2200head from what I have heard. Also from other forums I understand that these motors are a lower compression heads
thermus   +1y
Hey Jose,

I just did a full rebuild on mine and was doing TONS of reading about what these motors can handle...

The best bang for your buck would be a 265 grind cam from Delta Cam in Tacoma Washington. This is going to add some low and mid range power. (2366 Tacoma Avenue South Tacoma, WA 98402 (253) 572-2474)

Pull your head and do a port and polish on the intake and exhaust side. (Time consuming but worth it)

I bored my block 20 over for a little extra all around power (not on the cheap side but if you do decide to do this, Call Mike at Auburn Auto Machine. He does IMPECCABLE work and is very nice. 3211 C Street Northeast Auburn, WA 98002 (253) 735-5267)

Exhaust... Pacesetter header, cat-less. (Make sure you get the correct header though, there is a auto and manual tranny difference due to mounting. Manual header will take some customization to fit an Automatic truck because of the mounting of the tranny.)

The blocks will handle the boost since we have a factory 8.6:1 ratio HOWEVER, to due a blow through turbo setup, it is recommended to tear apart the carb and seal everything since most of them are not rated for above atmospheric pressure from the factory. (Call Weber and ask about this. Plus you have to change fuel pump and jetting at the minimum. More boost, more fuel)

Like other people have said, they are not race trucks but you can make em peppy.