threads
Page 1 of 2
Northwest \  have question about 17'' escalade wheels????

have question about 17'' escalade wheels????

Northwest Events
views 6643
replies 16
following 7

towguy   +1y
so i have a full set of all crome 17'' escalade wheels that i want to put on my 92 nazda.. i want to put the lowest profile tire possable. i have found a 215/35r17 tire, and a 215/40r17 tire and i am not sure witch ones to put on my wheels. i am not worried about the hard ride cause shortly after i put these wheels on i am gonna slam it on bags...so i was wondering if i could get some input of what everyone else is running on their trucks with a 17'' rim and some pic's of how they look???
thanks----
thread post photo
91extcab   +1y
Well you've seen the 40 series on the 16s I have, I know my speedo is pretty off and gas mileage has gone down quite a bit, 40s on 17s wouldn't be as bad on the speedo/mpgs... Only thing I can suggest is if you ever plan on going bigger, build your inner fenders/tub your firewall for a larger set now, so you don't have to redo anything down the road...
towguy   +1y
well right now get 21mpg city and 32mpg freeway and i am running 205/65r15's right now.so i am only going 2'' bigger on rim size and shaving about 15mm off sidewalls so it should be close..i was also gonna put the wheels on and then remove all i needed to so i can lay frame after that. then trim the fenderwells so i have enough room for everthing, and then some...i know i have to raise the fuel tank up already and some parts of the exhaust...i will be making that 3 link also but i think for now i need to start with the wheels first to make sure i am happy with the style and look.. i am not sure if i want to powder coat the wheels black yet to kinda stay with the murdered out look
91extcab   +1y
do you still have all the chrome window trim...? it might look sweet with just those few small touches of chrome... or possibly have parts of the rims done in powder coat, and keep some chrome to them...?
mazdaron   +1y
If your looking for the stock fender trim "good luck finding it and finding it in one piece is another story")Ive been looking for a clean pair for a while . This guy has 1 another has 2 lol.
91extcab   +1y
I had a full set of chrome wheel trim before I moved, all were in good condition, but that's not exactly what towguy was asking about in this thread... And I was only asking about his window trim to help with some ideas on whether or not he should keep the escalade rims chrome or powder coat them...
towguy   +1y
i dood have the chrome window trim and it is on the truck now and i am gonna keep it on..so i was on craigs lit yesterday and found a guy in tacoma ( a tire shop) he was advertising 215/50/17 for 76.00 per tire.so i called him and talked to him about a 35 series tire. he said he had a 205/40r17 and he would mount one to see if i liked them...well i bought all four mounted and balanced after tax for 394.88....here is how they look
towguy   +1y
well i cant figure out how to pst the pics cause it is tellin me the bouad quota has been reached.. not sure what that means...i will keep trying..
towguy   +1y
thread post photo
towguy   +1y
thread post photo