S10 Projects \  My Baby!

My Baby!

S10 Projects
views 2599
replies 14
following 5

wayfastwhitey   +1y
[url=17321573020.jpg&s=x2:2z892kiz]

Almost ready to fire it up....I'll be doing that this weekend!
maz89   +1y
sweet, good luck.
wayfastwhitey   +1y
Here's the finished engine!

Fired it up last saturday and it sounded sweet! Ran into a couple of problems though. I had oil shooting out from between the pan and the gasket at the front of the motor. Took it apart and compared the new gasket (fel pro one piece) to my old gasket and notice the front part was half the thickness as my old one! Manufacturers defect I guess. Next problem was I had water seeping out of the studs! Apparently they machinist that put this thing together has never heard of thread sealer. Plus, he used the Cometic multi-layer steel gaskets. I know a lot of you have probably heard they are great, but I've had nothing but trouble with them. It was the same gasket that failed last year causing this rebuild. So, Sunday I pulled the heads off, put thread sealer on the studs, installed good ole Fel-Pro 1003 head gaskets, my old pan gasket, my new Hamburger pan, and tomorrow I'll set the intake and fire it up again!
pig rig   +1y
how big is this engine and what kind of HP you figure?

oh yea BONNEVILLE is the shit have you ever been out here
wayfastwhitey   +1y
Engine is a +.090 350 and is making around 700 hp @ 8000 RPM. Haven't been to Bonneville yet, but if I can get close to 200 MPH at Maxton and here in Texas, I'll definately be taking it on the long course at Bonneville to snag the record.