Page 1 of 1
Engine \  2.3l

2.3l

Engine Isuzu Tech
views 976
replies 7
following 2

ityler   +1y
my truck is runnin horrible i was told that the carb is bad and i wanted a weber anyway but how hard is it to put on and if i run the weber i want an eletric fuel pump and what would i have to do to put it in nd get rid of the mech. one
tycox   +1y
your best bet is a weber. to get rid of the fuel pump is just block it off i guess. i would advise not to do it. because they are a pain i run the stock pump on mine and it works great but as far as putting the carb on it is actually really simple takes maybe a hour or so. . how is the truck running? it may not be the carb
ityler   +1y
it idles rough and sputters through all of fisrt and some of second when first starting it,it shuts off unless you rev it until the battery light shuts off and for the fuel pump i dont want to shove the mech. pump into my feul cell when i get around to putting one
tycox   +1y
your pump is right underneath you intake. is not in the tank. so you dont have to worry about that. if your battery light comes on the alt. may be the problem and the sputtering could be trash or a bad pump. have you checked the vacum lines the will cause it not to run right and not want to idle poperly.
ityler   +1y
under the intake? wasnt expecting that,ive been wanting to change the alt. because the hole stripped and i have th have a nut for backup,trash and a bad pump are very likly,all the vacum lines are shot,and if my pump is shot is it possible that it may be dumping oil into my feul mix?
tycox   +1y
yes it could mix the gas with oil if it bad. i had a problem for since the pump chnge(it took about three hours to do with beer breaks)with mine. i thought it may be the fuel filter so i changed it. it ran good for a few days then acted up again. i finally changed the pump and the intake gasket(may be your vacuum leak) and after that i have had no problem since other than the starter trying to go out on me. but no matter what it is making it to the show this weekend.
ityler   +1y
i saw a post on something about the intake and eatinpavement said how to check it so i tried the but no sucess...to change the pump would it be easier to pull the intake? and what show is this weekend? id go but im going pick up wheels and gotta bore them out
tycox   +1y
well summer showdown was the show i was talking about. but there is a show next weekend at the gwinnett county fairgrounds. called southeast showdown
Page 1 of 1