Page 1 of 1
Engine \  going up to the v6

going up to the v6

Engine Isuzu Tech
views 1225
replies 7
following 4

isuzueh   +1y
I had the 2.6l in my truck but got a sweet deal on a rodeo with a v6 in it that runs like a top....how hard would it be to covert it over and has anyone done this before?
low_pup   +1y
i have thought about doing it but i dont think im going to. but i think it would be cool as hell. way cooler than a v8. i say so it. i would imagine you can jack all your wiering harnesses and such from the rodeo and it would be fairly simple. but dont hold me to that.
isuzueh   +1y
I was thinking the same thing but i wonder how the engine brackets would turn out..... oh also its a 4x4 so i guess i would have to find a transmisson aswell
low_pup   +1y
yeah because i dont think the 4 cylinder trans will bolt up. i wonder f the v6 motormounts are just bolt on for the pup?
isuzueh   +1y
you know you could be right I'm gonn try and take a closer look at the rodeo mounts to see if they are the same tomorrow
/// xception   +1y
I would check where the 4 cylinder mounts in comparrison to the 6 cylinder. You might have to modify the mounts. The tranny will have to be changed. You could use a tranny from a s-10 with a 2.8 or 4.3. They will both work. Take all the wiring from the 6 cylinder cause the computer is different.
low_pup   +1y
the wiering will be the fun part. if i wasnt like 29582 miles away id try and give you a hand. my best sugjestion to you is pull the whole dash and the petals if you can. it will make for alot more room!

i have all the interior wiering out of my truck right now along with the ECU and let me tell you it would have been damn neer imposible without taking the other stuff out.

the good thing is that pretty much everything is pretty much stright up with it. no real suprises. thank you isuzu. maybe ill do the swap one day but i think i want to keep the 5 speed.
warihayd   +1y
the good thing is that pretty much everything is pretty much stright up with it. no real suprises. thank you isuzu. maybe ill do the swap one day but i think i want to keep the 5 speed.

x2. so easy not like my ole ladys 01 car to much junk under the hood just to keep the thing running
Page 1 of 1